Four Trainee Fire Fighters from the City Fire Brigade successfully completed a 12 week Fire Fighter Development Programme at the Fire Service College at Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire, UK. The Trainees, Eric Abudarham, Nicholas McMahon, Jordan Perez and John Pratts took part in a Passing out Parade and Firefighting display which was held at the Fire Service College on Thursday 1 August at which the Chief Fire Officer, Mr Guillermo Mauro and families of the Trainees were present.
The Fire Fighter Foundation Development course is a gruelling twelve weeks of intensive training which gives the trainee’s the underpinning knowledge, both practical and theoretical from which they can build upon for the rest of their careers in the Fire Service. Amongst the subjects included in their training were firefighting procedures in varied domestic and industrial scenarios, Road Traffic Collision procedures, pumping operations, Ladder rescue, Breathing Apparatus training, Fire Safety work and Compartment Fire Behaviour Training.
All does not end here since the trainees will be under development for their first year of service during which time they will have to complete further training at the City Fire Brigade which will make them competent as First Responders, Rope Rescue operators and Open water divers.
- 05 Dec 2019GIBRALTAR FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE OFFICERS VISIT LONDON FIRE BRIGADE
- 09 Dec 2019Fire Service Officers attend Compartment Fire Behaviour Course
- 11 Nov 2019Fire Service Mechanic attends Servicing course in Holland
- 07 Nov 2019Fire Service personnel attend Hazardous Materials Course
- 18 Oct 2019GFRS Personnel Receive Their Overseas Territories 18 Year Good Conduct and Long Service Medals.
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190