Following an initiative from the Westside School’s Careers Programme four students from Year 10 undertook a work placement experience with the City Fire Brigade from Monday 13th to Friday 17th May 2013.
The students will follow a programme which covers both practical and theoretical working procedures including:
- Pumps, Hose Reels and Delivery Hose (Practical).
- Ladders (Practical).
- B.A. Procedures and Equipment (Theory and Practical).
- Fire Safety.
- R.T.C. Equipment and Procedures.
- Rope Rescue Equipment and Procedures (Theory and Practical).
- Risk Visits Dry Risers/Lifts AFA in premises.
The students also successfully completed a Basic Fire Safety Course program delivered by the Fire Safety Department. This course is presented to all Government and private employers in order to comply with Health and Safety Regulations. Students were instructed on how to raise the alarm, how to call the Fire Brigade, how to tackle a small fire and basic fire safety awareness. Both students were a issued with a certificate on completion of the Fire Safety Course.
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190