The Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service (GFRS) is a registered Centre for the delivery of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) qualifications in Risk Assessment. The CIEH is a registered charity and the professional voice for environmental health. It sets standards, accredits courses and qualifications for the education of members and other environmental health practitioners. It provides information, evidence and policy advice to local and national government and environmental and public health practitioners in the public and private sectors. As an awarding body, the CIEH provides qualifications, events, and support materials on topics relevant to health, wellbeing and safety to develop workplace skills and best practice.
As a campaigning organization, the CIEH aims to promote improvements in environmental and public health policy. It is based in the UK with offices in London, Northern Ireland and Wales. It organizes conferences, seminars and produces a comprehensive range of public health publications. It also provides over 50 certification training programs which include food safety, health and safety, environmental awareness through a network of over 10,000 registered trainers and 6,000 registered training centres across the UK.
CIEH Level 2 and Level 3 Awards in Principles of Risk Assessment
The GFRS is currently able to deliver Level 2 and Level 3 Awards in Principles of Risk Assessment using our own accredited tutor. This new qualification is designed to help improve the workplace culture for occupational health and safety by enabling learners to understand the basic principles of risk assessment.
It was created in response to industry requirements for all employees to be risk aware. Although not all employees will be expected to undertake risk assessments themselves, they may be asked to contribute to the process and will be expected to act always to protect their own health and safety and that of others.
- Ability to contribute both to the maintenance of a safe work environment and to the process of formal risk assessment
- Understand the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Understand the principles of risk assessment including:
- Hazards, risks and control measures
- The five steps of risk assessment
- The hierarchy of control
- Risk assessment review and record keeping
CIEH Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment Principles and Practice
In September of 2010 ten GFRS officers were awarded the Level 3 Award after successfully completing a program of training and the submission of a Risk Assessment project.
It is our aim to continue with the development of the our Health and Safety Policy and pursuing its objectives by a program of training that will see all our staff trained to the Level 2 Award, and all officers to the Level 3 Award as a minimum.
- 05 Dec 2019GIBRALTAR FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE OFFICERS VISIT LONDON FIRE BRIGADE
- 09 Dec 2019Fire Service Officers attend Compartment Fire Behaviour Course
- 11 Nov 2019Fire Service Mechanic attends Servicing course in Holland
- 07 Nov 2019Fire Service personnel attend Hazardous Materials Course
- 18 Oct 2019GFRS Personnel Receive Their Overseas Territories 18 Year Good Conduct and Long Service Medals.
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190