It is illegal to cast off any Fireworks in any street or public place in Gibraltar.
Only buy fireworks that conform with the B.S.7114 standard.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box, take them out one at a time and put the top back on the box at once.
- Follow instructions for each firework carefully, read them by torch NEVER a naked flame!
- Light the end of the firework fuse at arms length, preferably using a safety firework lighter or fuse wick.
- Never put fireworks onto a bonfire even if they are duds.
- Never return to a firework once lit – It may go off in your face.
- Never throw fireworks.
- Never put fireworks in your pockets.
- Stand well back.
- Keep pets indoors.
- Never give sparklers to children younger than five.
- Always put used sparklers into a bucket of water.
For further advice about using Fireworks safely please contact the Fire Safety Department on (350) 20072936 or email@example.com
- 28 May 2019Fire Officer Qualifies as Breathing Apparatus Instructor
- 20 May 2019Fire Service Officers attend LNG Awareness Course in Rotterdam
- 27 Mar 2019Firefighters from the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service attend UK Course
- 18 Mar 2019A new Fire Control Operator for the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service
- 05 Dec 2018Four firefighters have successfully completed the second and final stage of the GFRS’ Sub Officer’s qualification process.
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190