HSE Management Policy
Health & Safety Management Policy
The Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service (GFRS) HSE management systems are detailed in the GFRS HSE Manuals.
The GFRS HSE committee will be composed of:
- The Chief Fire Officer (CFO)
- The Deputy Chief Fire Officer (DCFO)
- Senior Management (SMG)
- The GFRS Health & Safety Coordinator (HSC)
- Staff Representatives
The GFRS HSE Organisation Charts are detailed in the GFRS HSE Manuals.
Objectives and Targets
Safety, environmental protection and fire safety are line management responsibilities. The CFO will delegate the task of discharging his personal responsibilities and applying the policy throughout all levels of line management within the organisation. In order to meet his objectives the CFO or the DCFO will chair the GFRS HSE committee meetings, which will be held regularly and will have representation across the organisation. GFRS performance indicators will be measured, managed, monitored and reviewed through the HSE committee structure. The HSE committee will maintain close liaison with regulatory bodies and HSE initiatives will be promulgated throughout the GFRS by the same. This statement will be communicated to all Station Personnel and members of the public where required.
To discharge the CFO’s duty of care suitable HSE training will be provided in accordance with training needs analyses (TNA) and health, safety and fire legislation. Line management will monitor the effectiveness of the TNA.
Where this policy statement does not satisfy the requirements of contractors, sub-contractors, private companies etc, the extent of the HSE responsibilities toward them is as follows:-
Heads of these organisations should produce their own Policy statements and other safety documentation to ensure it mutually embraces, cooperates and coordinates with the GFRS HSE management systems. Any such organisations will be where applicable, represented to the station HSE Committee meetings.
The Health & Safety Management Policy will be reviewed to reflect the changes in legislation, Governmental policy and HSE Management Systems at GFRS. Performance of the HSE management systems at GFRS will be measured by internal inspections and audits undertaken on a continuous programme throughout the GFRS by the HSE committee.
- 18 Oct 2019GFRS Personnel Receive Their Overseas Territories 18 Year Good Conduct and Long Service Medals.
- 27 Sep 2019GFRS Fire Fighter Matt Coulthard Awarded Gibraltar Coin For His Endeavours At The British Fire Fighter Challenge
- 26 Sep 2019Breathing Apparatus Maintenance Course
- 28 May 2019Fire Officer Qualifies as Breathing Apparatus Instructor
- 20 May 2019Fire Service Officers attend LNG Awareness Course in Rotterdam
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190