Fire Control Operator (FCO) Tyronne Garcia has joined the Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service (GFRS) Emergency Control Room Team. Mr Garcia has successfully completed the FCO’s intense induction training programme conducted locally.
Throughout the duration of this mentally challenging training programme, FCO Garcia has been developing his skills and knowledge in order be able to deal effectively with all fire and ambulance related calls received at the GFRS’ emergency control room. He has been mentored and coached throughout the training sessions and great emphasis has been placed on Emergency Call Handling Protocols and the importance of adhering to the recommended core functions. These include; timely, accurate and relevant information gathering, managing inbound and outbound communications and incident management in support of deployed emergency responders at the incident ground. Essential caller interrogation and reassuring techniques are also an integral part of his foundation training. This is vital for the successful resolution of incidents or emergencies.
The Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service wishes Fire Control Operator Tyronne Garcia a successful and prosperous career with the Organisation.
- 18 Oct 2019GFRS Personnel Receive Their Overseas Territories 18 Year Good Conduct and Long Service Medals.
- 27 Sep 2019GFRS Fire Fighter Matt Coulthard Awarded Gibraltar Coin For His Endeavours At The British Fire Fighter Challenge
- 26 Sep 2019Breathing Apparatus Maintenance Course
- 28 May 2019Fire Officer Qualifies as Breathing Apparatus Instructor
- 20 May 2019Fire Service Officers attend LNG Awareness Course in Rotterdam
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190