Leading Fire-fighter Martin Posso has successfully completed the Breathing Apparatus Instructors (BAI) course at the Fire Service College (FSC), UK.
Before being eligible to attend this mentally and physically demanding ten-day course, Mr Posso had to complete a mandatory pre-course online E-Learning package. On-site, this course was assessed against the learning outcomes using practical observation throughout the course and testing of the underpinning knowledge in the technical areas of Breathing Apparatus equipment and procedures.
Leading Fire-fighter Posso will now form part of the GFRS’ Breathing Apparatus Instructional Team. His responsibilities will involve designing and delivering safe and effective breathing apparatus training for our operational crews, ensuring that individuals and teams are competent when deployed into a risk area. All aspects of the course incorporates the UK Fire and Rescue Authority Operational Guidance for Breathing Apparatus, that centre mainly on Breathing Apparatus procedures and equipment, Physiology of respiration, Heat and humidity, Confined spaces, Principles of safety, Risk assessment.
The Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service wishes Leading Fire-fighter Martin Posso all the best as he embarks on this new role.
- 05 Dec 2019GIBRALTAR FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE OFFICERS VISIT LONDON FIRE BRIGADE
- 09 Dec 2019Fire Service Officers attend Compartment Fire Behaviour Course
- 11 Nov 2019Fire Service Mechanic attends Servicing course in Holland
- 07 Nov 2019Fire Service personnel attend Hazardous Materials Course
- 18 Oct 2019GFRS Personnel Receive Their Overseas Territories 18 Year Good Conduct and Long Service Medals.
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190