Ten Officers from the Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service (GFRS) and the Airport Fire and Rescue Service (AFRS) attended an LNG Awareness and Incident Command Course at Falck Fire Academy, in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Falck, situated in the port of Rotterdam has a long history within Emergency Services. Since the company was founded in 1906, its core business has been fire fighting for local authorities and industrial clients. A representative from the Fire Services said, “The key when selecting Falck as the preferred training provider has been its focus and collaboration with global petrochemical companies when embracing emerging products such as LNG, newest firefighting equipment and technology, in order to continuously improve operating procedures through educational courses”.
All Officers successfully completed the three-day course that consisted of a blended learning approach of both theoretical and practical sessions on Falck’s industrial training complex. The course centred primarily on Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), describing the properties of both of these through practical demonstrations that allowed delegates to experience first-hand the special characteristics and behaviour of these alternative fuels.
This course will unequivocally equip our operational officers with the skills, knowledge and understanding when developing incident response strategies, enabling them to make those essential tactical decisions at the Incident Ground.
The joint attendance by Gibraltar’s Fire Services shows the mutual commitment by both these organisations to promote interoperability and continue with the good working relationships to ensure a safer Gibraltar.
- 28 May 2019Fire Officer Qualifies as Breathing Apparatus Instructor
- 20 May 2019Fire Service Officers attend LNG Awareness Course in Rotterdam
- 27 Mar 2019Firefighters from the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service attend UK Course
- 18 Mar 2019A new Fire Control Operator for the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service
- 05 Dec 2018Four firefighters have successfully completed the second and final stage of the GFRS’ Sub Officer’s qualification process.
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190