A number of Officers from the Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service (GFRS) have recently completed a Hazardous Materials course at the Fire Service College (FSC) in Moreton-In-Marsh, Gloucestershire, UK. Station Officers Jason Mesilio and George Burns and Sub Officer Nicholas Poggio successfully completed the Hazardous Materials First Responder course. The aim of this course is to provide Incident Commanders (decision makers) with the necessary knowledge, understanding and experience to attend incidents involving hazardous materials and bring them to a successful conclusion or manage them in a safe and effective manner, until the arrival of a Specialist Officer who possesses a higher level of knowledge and experience in this field, as may be a Hazardous Materials Advisor. The course included both theoretical input and practical sessions out on the incident ground. Fire and rescue services are responsible for developing policies and procedures, and to provide information, instruction, training and supervision to their personnel about foreseeable hazards and the control measures used to mitigate the risks arising from those hazards.
- 27 Apr 2020Promotions at the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service
- 24 Feb 2020Fire Service Officers attend High Rise Incident Command Course
- 24 Jan 2020Gibraltar Has a New Chief Fire Officer
- 18 Feb 2020Fire Service Officer attends Incident Command Course in UK
- 05 Dec 2019GIBRALTAR FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE OFFICERS VISIT LONDON FIRE BRIGADE
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190