Sub Officer George Burns has recently been promoted to Station Officer within the Operations Department at the Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service (GFRS).
Station Officer Burns will be taking up his duties as line manager for White Watch. He joined the Organisation on the 4th September 2001. Mr Burns is an advanced diving instructor, responsible for the organisation’s diving section, and has proved instrumental when ensuring our emergency preparedness in this line of work. He has attended a wide range of local and overseas courses that have equipped him with the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding to be able to develop into a sound operational decision maker.
The GFRS would like to wish Station Officer Burns the best of luck when leading and mentoring his crews through this new phase in his career.
- 11 Nov 2019Fire Service Mechanic attends Servicing course in Holland
- 07 Nov 2019Fire Service personnel attend Hazardous Materials Course
- 18 Oct 2019GFRS Personnel Receive Their Overseas Territories 18 Year Good Conduct and Long Service Medals.
- 27 Sep 2019GFRS Fire Fighter Matt Coulthard Awarded Gibraltar Coin For His Endeavours At The British Fire Fighter Challenge
- 26 Sep 2019Breathing Apparatus Maintenance Course
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190