Sub Officer George Burns has recently been promoted to Station Officer within the Operations Department at the Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service (GFRS).
Station Officer Burns will be taking up his duties as line manager for White Watch. He joined the Organisation on the 4th September 2001. Mr Burns is an advanced diving instructor, responsible for the organisation’s diving section, and has proved instrumental when ensuring our emergency preparedness in this line of work. He has attended a wide range of local and overseas courses that have equipped him with the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding to be able to develop into a sound operational decision maker.
The GFRS would like to wish Station Officer Burns the best of luck when leading and mentoring his crews through this new phase in his career.
- 28 May 2019Fire Officer Qualifies as Breathing Apparatus Instructor
- 20 May 2019Fire Service Officers attend LNG Awareness Course in Rotterdam
- 27 Mar 2019Firefighters from the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service attend UK Course
- 18 Mar 2019A new Fire Control Operator for the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service
- 05 Dec 2018Four firefighters have successfully completed the second and final stage of the GFRS’ Sub Officer’s qualification process.
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190