Firefighters Liam Barton, Stefan Gonzalez and Justin Santos have successfully completed the firefighter foundation and development programme at the fire service college, in Moreton-In-Marsh, Gloucestershire, UK.
During the eight weeks of this mentally and physically demanding course the new entrants have been continuously assessed on all aspects of fire service activities. These included practical and theoretical exams on basics core skills such as ladders, hose drills, knots and lines, as well as Breathing Apparatus and compartment fire behaviour training encompassing search and rescue procedures that included recognising the signs and symptoms of developing fire events such as flashover or backdraft and mitigating the effects of these. Additionally, they have been trained in road traffic collisions that involves the release of persons trapped within a crashed vehicle and subsequently applying medical assistance with the completion of a first person on scene module.
The course cohort consisted eighteen members from various U.K. Fire Services. The compliment was sub divided into three groups and assigned to a watch. During the end of course passing out ceremony, firefighter Liam Barton received the endeavour award from his watch instructor for his distinguished and consistent high standards and attitude throughout the course.
They will now complete a two week diving course that will give these firefighters the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding to perform sub surface diver rescue within their acquired qualification’s scope.
The Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service wish our three new firefighters a safe and prosperous career with the Organisation.
- 28 May 2019Fire Officer Qualifies as Breathing Apparatus Instructor
- 20 May 2019Fire Service Officers attend LNG Awareness Course in Rotterdam
- 27 Mar 2019Firefighters from the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service attend UK Course
- 18 Mar 2019A new Fire Control Operator for the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service
- 05 Dec 2018Four firefighters have successfully completed the second and final stage of the GFRS’ Sub Officer’s qualification process.
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190