Community Fire Safety Officer Leading Fire Fighter Byrne teaches the children about the Fire and Rescue service giving them a full overview of our responsibilities and shows off some of the equipment, explaining its uses. Basic Fire Safety advice was also given to the children, such as the what to do in the event of a fire in their homes, the dangers of smoke and what to say over the phone if they find themselves having to call the Brigade.
Loreto Convent School
Station Officer Ivan De Haro and Sub Officer Jonathan Golding during a visit to the Year 2 pupils of the Loreto Convent School as part of the Community Safety work carried out by the staff of the Fire Safety Department.
During our visits the Fire Safety officers talk to children about calling the Fire and Rescue Service in the event of a fire, which number to call (190), what to do if their clothes should catch fire (Stop, Drop and Roll), the dangers of playing with matches (see Frances the Firefly video clip below) and about the work that Firefighters carry out. At the end of the visit children are presented with souvenir Firefighter helmets (subject to stocks being available).
If you would like to arrange for one of our Fire Safety Officers to visit your school please contact the Fire Safety Department on (350) 20072936 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 05 Dec 2019GIBRALTAR FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE OFFICERS VISIT LONDON FIRE BRIGADE
- 09 Dec 2019Fire Service Officers attend Compartment Fire Behaviour Course
- 11 Nov 2019Fire Service Mechanic attends Servicing course in Holland
- 07 Nov 2019Fire Service personnel attend Hazardous Materials Course
- 18 Oct 2019GFRS Personnel Receive Their Overseas Territories 18 Year Good Conduct and Long Service Medals.
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190