The Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service (GFRS) Operational Division is composed of three Watches each manned 24 hours by professional Firefighters. Each Watch is composed of the following;
1 Station Officer, 2 Sub Officers, 2 Leading Firefighters, 15 Firefighters , 1 Leading Fire Control Operator (LFCO) and 2 FCO`s
The minimum manning level is 12 Firefighters, which enables the Service to have three fire or rescue vehicles operational at any given time.
The GFRS keeps abreast of the latest developments in Personal Protective Equipment ( PPE ) and fire fighting and rescue gear. We have a modern fleet of appliances to cover the needs of the risk covered. However due to Gibraltar’s restricted roads, in particular the Old Town area, some appliances have to be compact, and have been designed by coach builder’s to our particular requirements.
The current vehicle fleet consists of the vehicles in the list below. You can see images of these and other vehicles on our Flickr account which you can also access from the links at the head and foot of the page.
LU1 Mercedes Benz 416D – Godiva GPMX Pump
hose reel – 150 Litre Tank – Lacon 13.5m ladder.
LU2 Mercedes Benz 416D – Godiva GPMX Pump
hose reel – 425 Litre Tank – 10.5m ladder.
LU3 Nissan Cabstar- Godiva GPMX Pump
hose reel – 200 Litre Tank – Lacon 13.5m ladder.
LU5 Mercedes Benz 814D- Godiva GPMX Pump
hose reel – 900 Litre Tank – 10.5m ladder.
LU4 Mercedes Benz 416D – Short extension ladder – Holmatro Hydraulic and Pneumatic Tools, Mountain/Cliff rescue equipment, Initial attendance Diving Gear.
1 Ehrsam ML 18-12 mechanical ladder on Mercedes 815D chassis
1 VW Ambulance
2 Staff cars
1 Fire Safety van
1 M/T support 4 x 4
1 Mercedes Benz 815D Incident Control Unit
1 Mitsubishi Personnel Carrier
1 Ford Transit Truck
1 Support Trailer
1 Semi-rigid Divers Rescue boat
- 28 May 2019Fire Officer Qualifies as Breathing Apparatus Instructor
- 20 May 2019Fire Service Officers attend LNG Awareness Course in Rotterdam
- 27 Mar 2019Firefighters from the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service attend UK Course
- 18 Mar 2019A new Fire Control Operator for the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service
- 05 Dec 2018Four firefighters have successfully completed the second and final stage of the GFRS’ Sub Officer’s qualification process.
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190