The Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service (GFRS) Operational Division is composed of three Watches each manned 24 hours by professional Firefighters. Each Watch is composed of the following;
1 Station Officer, 2 Sub Officers, 2 Leading Firefighters, 15 Firefighters , 1 Leading Fire Control Operator (LFCO) and 2 FCO`s
The minimum manning level is 12 Firefighters, which enables the Service to have three fire or rescue vehicles operational at any given time.
The GFRS keeps abreast of the latest developments in Personal Protective Equipment ( PPE ) and fire fighting and rescue gear. We have a modern fleet of appliances to cover the needs of the risk covered. However due to Gibraltar’s restricted roads, in particular the Old Town area, some appliances have to be compact, and have been designed by coach builder’s to our particular requirements.
The current vehicle fleet consists of the vehicles in the list below. You can see images of these and other vehicles on our Flickr account which you can also access from the links at the head and foot of the page.
LU1 Mercedes Benz 416D – Godiva GPMX Pump
hose reel – 150 Litre Tank – Lacon 13.5m ladder.
LU2 Mercedes Benz 416D – Godiva GPMX Pump
hose reel – 425 Litre Tank – 10.5m ladder.
LU3 Nissan Cabstar- Godiva GPMX Pump
hose reel – 200 Litre Tank – Lacon 13.5m ladder.
LU5 Mercedes Benz 814D- Godiva GPMX Pump
hose reel – 900 Litre Tank – 10.5m ladder.
LU4 Mercedes Benz 416D – Short extension ladder – Holmatro Hydraulic and Pneumatic Tools, Mountain/Cliff rescue equipment, Initial attendance Diving Gear.
1 Ehrsam ML 18-12 mechanical ladder on Mercedes 815D chassis
1 VW Ambulance
2 Staff cars
1 Fire Safety van
1 M/T support 4 x 4
1 Mercedes Benz 815D Incident Control Unit
1 Mitsubishi Personnel Carrier
1 Ford Transit Truck
1 Support Trailer
1 Semi-rigid Divers Rescue boat
- 09 Dec 2019Fire Service Officers attend Compartment Fire Behaviour Course
- 05 Dec 2019GIBRALTAR FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE OFFICERS VISIT LONDON FIRE BRIGADE
- 11 Nov 2019Fire Service Mechanic attends Servicing course in Holland
- 07 Nov 2019Fire Service personnel attend Hazardous Materials Course
- 18 Oct 2019GFRS Personnel Receive Their Overseas Territories 18 Year Good Conduct and Long Service Medals.
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190