Breathing Apparatus Training
The Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service (GFRS) carries out Breathing Apparatus (BA) training on a regular basis, as part of the Operations Department training programme. Fire fighters carry out periodic training, ranging from command and control, to search and rescue procedures, to confined space training. The training is carried out, across different venues around Gibraltar by qualified BA Training instructors.
Gibraltar although small in size, poses significant risks to firefighters in the form of an upper rock nature reserve, a naval base, a commercial port which in addition offers ship bunkering, a ship repair yard,an airfield, numerous high rise buildings and a few petrol stations all around Gibraltar. Due to these potential risks that GFRS faces, we must make sure that our maintenance of competence and our continuous professional development targets are met.
Below are some images of BA Training. This training was a simulated fire at a `real` high rise building.
- 11 Nov 2019Fire Service Mechanic attends Servicing course in Holland
- 07 Nov 2019Fire Service personnel attend Hazardous Materials Course
- 18 Oct 2019GFRS Personnel Receive Their Overseas Territories 18 Year Good Conduct and Long Service Medals.
- 27 Sep 2019GFRS Fire Fighter Matt Coulthard Awarded Gibraltar Coin For His Endeavours At The British Fire Fighter Challenge
- 26 Sep 2019Breathing Apparatus Maintenance Course
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190