Breathing Apparatus Training
The Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service (GFRS) carries out Breathing Apparatus (BA) training on a regular basis, as part of the Operations Department training programme. Fire fighters carry out periodic training, ranging from command and control, to search and rescue procedures, to confined space training. The training is carried out, across different venues around Gibraltar by qualified BA Training instructors.
Gibraltar although small in size, poses significant risks to firefighters in the form of an upper rock nature reserve, a naval base, a commercial port which in addition offers ship bunkering, a ship repair yard,an airfield, numerous high rise buildings and a few petrol stations all around Gibraltar. Due to these potential risks that GFRS faces, we must make sure that our maintenance of competence and our continuous professional development targets are met.
Below are some images of BA Training. This training was a simulated fire at a `real` high rise building.
- 28 May 2019Fire Officer Qualifies as Breathing Apparatus Instructor
- 20 May 2019Fire Service Officers attend LNG Awareness Course in Rotterdam
- 27 Mar 2019Firefighters from the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service attend UK Course
- 18 Mar 2019A new Fire Control Operator for the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service
- 05 Dec 2018Four firefighters have successfully completed the second and final stage of the GFRS’ Sub Officer’s qualification process.
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190