Road Traffic Incident Training
The Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service (GFRS) conduct Road Traffic Incident (RTI) training on a regular basis, as part of the Operations Department Training program. Even though statistically the number of RTC’s has been declining steadily over the last 5 years, Firefighters still require to train with the latest Hydraulic cutting and spreading equipment, and other specialized tools required at RTC incidents.
Hydraulic cutting and spreading equipment, air bag restraints, casualty protection, vehicle stabilisation, and other equipment ready for training.
In order to simulate the most realistic conditions firefighters often train with ‘live’ casualties (see side panel ‘Live’ RTI Exercise for photos), prior to any such exercise a Risk Assessment must be made in order to ensure that the casualty, usually an off duty colleague is completely safe.
- 23 Jul 2020His Excellency The Governor Visits the Fire Station.
- 25 Jun 2020Summer BBQ Advice
- 27 Apr 2020Promotions at the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service
- 24 Feb 2020Fire Service Officers attend High Rise Incident Command Course
- 24 Jan 2020Gibraltar Has a New Chief Fire Officer
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190