Road Traffic Incident Training
The Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service (GFRS) conduct Road Traffic Incident (RTI) training on a regular basis, as part of the Operations Department Training program. Even though statistically the number of RTC’s has been declining steadily over the last 5 years, Firefighters still require to train with the latest Hydraulic cutting and spreading equipment, and other specialized tools required at RTC incidents.
Hydraulic cutting and spreading equipment, air bag restraints, casualty protection, vehicle stabilisation, and other equipment ready for training.
In order to simulate the most realistic conditions firefighters often train with ‘live’ casualties (see side panel ‘Live’ RTI Exercise for photos), prior to any such exercise a Risk Assessment must be made in order to ensure that the casualty, usually an off duty colleague is completely safe.
- 28 May 2019Fire Officer Qualifies as Breathing Apparatus Instructor
- 20 May 2019Fire Service Officers attend LNG Awareness Course in Rotterdam
- 27 Mar 2019Firefighters from the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service attend UK Course
- 18 Mar 2019A new Fire Control Operator for the Gibraltar Fire & Rescue Service
- 05 Dec 2018Four firefighters have successfully completed the second and final stage of the GFRS’ Sub Officer’s qualification process.
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190