Road Traffic Incident Training
The Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service (GFRS) conduct Road Traffic Incident (RTI) training on a regular basis, as part of the Operations Department Training program. Even though statistically the number of RTC’s has been declining steadily over the last 5 years, Firefighters still require to train with the latest Hydraulic cutting and spreading equipment, and other specialized tools required at RTC incidents.
Hydraulic cutting and spreading equipment, air bag restraints, casualty protection, vehicle stabilisation, and other equipment ready for training.
In order to simulate the most realistic conditions firefighters often train with ‘live’ casualties (see side panel ‘Live’ RTI Exercise for photos), prior to any such exercise a Risk Assessment must be made in order to ensure that the casualty, usually an off duty colleague is completely safe.
- 11 Nov 2019Fire Service Mechanic attends Servicing course in Holland
- 07 Nov 2019Fire Service personnel attend Hazardous Materials Course
- 18 Oct 2019GFRS Personnel Receive Their Overseas Territories 18 Year Good Conduct and Long Service Medals.
- 27 Sep 2019GFRS Fire Fighter Matt Coulthard Awarded Gibraltar Coin For His Endeavours At The British Fire Fighter Challenge
- 26 Sep 2019Breathing Apparatus Maintenance Course
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190