Several members of the Gibraltar Fire and Rescue Service (GFRS) have recently completed an accredited Breathing Apparatus (BA) care, maintenance and repair course. Mr Paul Foster from Dräger UK delivered the sessions. BA sets provide our firefighters with that critical control measure inside an irrespirable atmosphere within the risk area, and are probably amongst the most important items of equipment of any fire service. This course involves a blended learning approach, with the contents presented in an application-based and varied manner, combining conventional “classroom” training with practical exercises, realistic simulations and web-based online elements, aimed at enhancing the learning experience and establish competency. During this two-day course our team received expert knowledge on workshop practices, that included a comprehensive approach on the maintenance of pressurised air breathing equipment, from a thorough understanding of all mechanical and electronic components through to cleaning and disinfection, function tests and up-keeping of these. The training focused on the team getting knowledge, learning skills and expertise regarding maintenance and repair works on our Dräger full face masks and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) sets, covering different areas of SCBA electronic components and associated databases like understanding and changing of parameters. The GFRS Senior Management Team would like to congratulate all those who successfully completed this course.
- 18 Oct 2019GFRS Personnel Receive Their Overseas Territories 18 Year Good Conduct and Long Service Medals.
- 27 Sep 2019GFRS Fire Fighter Matt Coulthard Awarded Gibraltar Coin For His Endeavours At The British Fire Fighter Challenge
- 26 Sep 2019Breathing Apparatus Maintenance Course
- 28 May 2019Fire Officer Qualifies as Breathing Apparatus Instructor
- 20 May 2019Fire Service Officers attend LNG Awareness Course in Rotterdam
- Fire Station 8 Grand Parade, Gibraltar GX11 1AA
- Fire and Ambulance Emergency 190